The international jewellery brand, ‘Mauboussin’, began as a simple workshop on Rue Grenata, Paris. The workshop was founded in 1827 M. Rocher.
In 1869, Rocher’s business was taken over by his cousin, and business partner, Jean Baptiste Noury. Four years later, Maison Noury, exhibited at the World Fair in Vienna. Noury continued to grow the business. In 1878 he exhibited at the Paris Exposition Universelle and won a bronze medal.